Thursday, February 10, 2011

Scrap Page #8-Carving Our White Pumpkins



So I said I'd been jumping around a bit with the pictures I've been working on, but considering that Halloween is a while from now, this is really a stretch! Plus, I'd much rather look forward to warmer weather than Halloween. Sorry, but its true. This layout is from a picture I took a few years ago. Michael and I saw a magazine cover that had white pumpkins on it and we thought it looked awesome. Once I read the article, I found out that the pumpkins were actually more of an art project than a freak of nature. (Duh.) The pumpkins had been painted white and then carved so that the orange inside would kinda glow when the pumpkin had a candle inside. So we busted out the white paint, waited for them to dry, then carved the pumpkins. The end result was really cool! But, like I said earlier, this picture was from a couple years ago. This last Halloween, we decided carving pumpkins was too time consuming so we didn't do it. haha! At least I have this layout done!

No comments:

Post a Comment