Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Day In The Life of a Scrapbook

Hello there!

Another year has come and gone and now its 2011! Its been a while since I updated this thing, but I have high hopes that I will be updating quite frequently now. About a month ago, while on Christmas vacation, I rented the movie "Jule and Julia." Anyone seen that movie? I loved it because it gave me an idea of something that I would like to do and it has motivated me in a way that I didn't think it would. Watching the "Julie" character as she goes through Julia Child's cookbook made me think of doing a scrap page every day for a year.I guess I found myself connecting to her character and her need to do something challenging while learning about who she is at the same time. Then reality hit and I realized that while it would be an awesome idea, it wasn't very practical. I'm glad that Julie had the chance to work 8 plus hours a day at a crappy job and then come home to a tiny apartment and cook amazing meals that her ever-so-supportive husband would consume with a smile on his face. In reality, there's no way that I would be able to work 8 plus hours teaching 16 year olds and then come home and work on a scrapbook page all while cooking dinner and making lesson plans. Yeah. Not gonna happen. At least not every day for a year.

But what I did realize is that I could make 365 new and different scrapbook pages in the year 2011. They don't have to be done every day. I could work on a couple in one day and then do some more when I have time. Yay! Brilliant idea. Plus, I will start moving through those pictures that I desperately need to scrap AND I will be using more of my scrap supplies, which means I will have a need to buy more! :) It's a Win-Win Situation!

So, today is Thursday, January 20th. I have completed 14 scrap pages as of today. I will be uploading them on here so that you can see what I have done as I make them and go through my "scrapping journey." So I have 14 down and 351 more to go! Wow.
And if there's anyone out there who might be reading this, leave a message or let me know what you think. If you're a scrapper and like/don't like what you see; let me know as well.

Until then, here's the first page I created for my scrap challenge 2011. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment