Monday, March 23, 2009

Big Changes!

I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to write much on my blog. but I wanted to take the time now to write about a very big change that has happened. I recently accepted a new job teaching English at another local high school. This was a very big decision for me since I would be leaving the school I taught at for the last 4 years, but also, I would be accepting a job that would only last 9 weeks. (Unless I stay next school year.)

I spent a while thinking things over and talked my options with Michael and I am VERY happy to say that I made the right decision. Many of you may know already that this school year has been unpleasant for me. I was part-time at my old school and I found myself in a "I hate being a teacher" slump. I felt useless and unnecessary and I couldn't help but feel like I lost the "battle of my career." When I was offered this new job, I was nervous to be in a new school and to become a teacher to new students, but I accepted the job and I have been TEACHING and PRODUCTIVE for 3 weeks now. It's so amazing how much your attitude can change when you know you are doing something of purpose and when you work for a corporation that wants to see you succeed. I am reminded of why I wanted to become an educator every time I step foot into my new classroom. I am there for a purpose and I have a reason to go to work and I know I am making a difference, even if it is a small one.
I do miss my former students terribly. It is a weird feeling walking in the hallways and not knowing all their faces, but I am adjusting and I know my "old" students are adjusting as well. Many of my former students supported my decision to leave and their support really did help me make my decision.
So, here's to a new job and a new, productive and determined ME!
M.K.M

1 comment:

  1. Congrats meg!
    I'm so happy for you!
    Take risks and following your instinct always pays off! I wish you the best!

    alexoxox

    ReplyDelete